FirstLine Therapy (FLT) is a specialized therapeutic lifestyle change program unlike any other in that the FLT system targets the underlying causes of chronic illnesses by incorporating a sensible eating plan, exercise, nutritional supplementation, and stress management. In fact, the following key characteristics are unique to the FLT program:FLT is not just a weight loss program- Most programs are focused on weight while FLT is best used as a first line treatment for common, chronic health problems (e.g., high cholesterol,insulin resistance, unhealthy body composition).
The FLT eating plan is different- Most programs are focused on lowfat diets while FLT emphasizes the importance of a low-glycemic eating plan that is consistent with current research.
FLT incorporates medical foods and nutritional supplements- The appropriate use of medical foods and supplements enhances program effectiveness and shortens the time it takes for you to achieve risk reduction goals.
FLT has been demonstrated to be effective in human clinical studies- Most programs lack clinical evidence of effectiveness .
Extensive scientific research demonstrates that many of the chronic diseases associated with aging can be prevented or even treated by adopting a healthy lifestyle:
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome
Did you know:
• Chronic diseases account for 78% of annual healthcare costs.
• Chronic diseases also account for one-third of the years of potential life lost before age 65.
• Most chronic diseases are caused by unhealthy lifestyle habits. For example, 91% of type 2
diabetes is caused by unhealthy habits and forms of behavior.
• Chronic, disabling conditions cause major limitations in activity for more than one of every
• The prolonged course of illness and disability from chronic diseases results in extended pain
and suffering and decreased quality of life.
"Every human being is the author of his own health or disease." -Gautama Siddhartha
A therapeutic lifestyle change program is recommended by leading health organizations as a first-line treatment option for many of the conditions above, as well as:
• Initial and follow-up testing
• Practitioner consultations
• Program guidebook
• Solutions for staying active
• Simple eating guidelines
• Progress tracking
• Lifestyle counseling
• Nutritional product recommendations